Sunday, February 22, 2009

Signs in a Song

During class we broke down the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz and we pointed out a bunch of signs in the song. This intrigued me and I decided to do the same thing with the new Britney Spears song If You Seek Amy. Without even reading into the lyrics there is a sign. The title of the song is a sign: if you seek Amy. If one were to read the title slowly it spells out F-*-C-K-M-E. Upon listening to the song and reading the lyrics at the same time I found that the lyrics before the chorus make no sense. The chorus says, "Love me hate me, Say what you want about me, But all of the boys and all of the girls are begging, To If You Seek Amy."If you were to read the whole chorus at a regular pace you'd never be able to catch it. Also if you read it straight through it doesn't make any sense. All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy makes no sense and would not be classified as a correct sentence in English class. Knowing Britney Spears and her past I figure that she purposly wrote the lyrics to this song to make this "glitch" happen. Britney Spears hasn't had the greatest and most upstanding history and this song just goes to show you that she still has the sexual thoughts that got her in trouble with K. Fed. The chorus technically says one thing, but upon listening to the song and reading into it one can tell that Britney Spears really means something totally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment