Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Formative Media Text

The one media that has affected me the most is television. And one story on the news in the year 2000 is what affected me even more than television itself. I was ten years old and currently sitting in math class next to my best friend Eddie Barth when I heard the news. A plane has crashed into the world trade center. At that point in time the second plane had not yet hit the other building and it was uncertain if it was a terrorist attack or crash landing gone bad. My math teacher stopped the class and told us to pay attention because this would affect and alter our world as we knew it to be. Sitting there that day I thought to myself how will this affect me? Well today, nine years later, I realize that 9/11 affected me in more than one way. I feel that on that date I learned what patriotism was all about. I learned that terrorism was real and could happen to anyone at any time. The world that we live in is a scary one and we have to count our blessings daily. My father was supposed to be on a plane to come home on September 11th, but it was cancelled due to that day's events. I can remember being scared out of my mind because I didn't want my father's plane to be like the ones I had seen on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment