Thursday, February 12, 2009

Media Log

On a normal day I tend to consume approximatly two hours of media. The media that I consume tends to vary from school textbooks to television to the school newspaper (Aviso). The reason that I view television is mostly to watch, or catch up on, sports. For example my favorite college basketball team in the University of North Carolina Tarheels. UNC played last night against the Duke Blue Devils, their arch rival, and I viewd the game in its entirety. Besides watching live sporting feeds I also enjoy watching Sports Center to catch up on what happened after I went to bed or what happened prior in the day. Besides watching sports on television the only other type of media that I seem to absorb is text from school textbooks. Each of my classes this semester requires a different, but ample, amount of time for reading the textbook. If you don't do the required readings you will be lost in class and I can't afford that.
The one thing that surprised me after viewing my media log was that I don't consume as much media as I thought. One of the main reasons that I don't obtain as much media anymore is because I play baseball. With practice added on top of my current work load it doesn't leave much extra time to watch much media.

No comments:

Post a Comment